Business Development Manager
London, United Kingdom
Calipsa’s AI platform analyses CCTV video in real-time to assess risk, filter out false alarms and automatically notify alarm monitoring services. Our current focus is on detecting burglary and theft and we monitor sites across construction, logistics, industrial, agricultural, retail and residential sectors. We are looking to add a Business Development Manager to our sales team.
This position offers a great learning opportunity and rapid career progression. Based in London but focussed primarily on US market, you’ll manage a 360 sales role with your own pipeline of prospects - starting with identifying and researching prospects to target, reaching out to build first-contact relationships, conducting demos and moving these prospects through the pipeline to close. You will also conduct market research and understand the trends in the physical security services market in the US.
As the company grows, we hope that early members will grow into team leadership roles potentially in other geographies. There’s no pre-requisite technical or industry knowledge required, but a genuine interest in AI and Machine Learning will help.
- Consultative relationship building. To build the most productive relationships with our clients we need to develop a deep understanding of their needs and challenges. We’re looking for someone who is consultative, curious and engaging, and interested in developing relationships and building trust with stakeholders at every level of an organisation.
- Drive, positive energy and relentlessness. We are a fast-moving business where you’ll be able to have a real impact on the company’s growth and success. You will have the drive and determination necessary to reach and exceed your goals and overcome any obstacles you encounter.
- Excellent communication skills. You’ll have an outstanding ability to communicate, whether that be in person, over the phone or in writing. Our clients often have complex technical needs and you’ll need to be able to develop a good understanding of how our value proposition and technical solution meets their needs.
- Attention to detail. We’re a very data-centric business and you’ll be interested in understanding the details of every aspect of your work, whether that’s in how our solution is meeting our clients’ needs or within the processes and practices of managing your roster of accounts.
- We’re looking for key character traits of coachability, work ethic, adaptability, positive attitude, drive, integrity and trust. We prioritise these characteristics over specific skills, but ideally, you’ll have some experience in customer-facing or people-oriented roles.
- You’ll also need the necessary permissions to work in the UK and nothing that would prevent you from travelling to the US.
What we offer
- Amazing colleagues, autonomy and endless growth opportunities
- Competitive salary and equity options
- We don’t track the number of holidays or working hours or place of work
- Choice of hardware
- Private healthcare
To apply, please click the link below and email us with a copy of your CV.