Customer Success Engineer
Remote (Pacific Timezone)
Calipsa is one of London’s fastest-growing deep learning technology companies. Our mission is to make the world a safer place by helping to detect and prevent crime. Calipsa’s AI platform analyses CCTV video in real-time to assess risk, filter out false alarms and automatically notify alarm monitoring services. Founded three years ago, we are currently going through a period of significant growth and are looking for a talented Customer Success Engineer to contribute to our journey.
As a Customer Success Engineer, you will be responsible for responding to technical inquiries and issues from our customers.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Installing/configuring/auditing surveillance camera systems, diagnosing hardware/software faults, and solving technical problems - either over the phone or by email.
- The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, have an ‘everything is possible’ attitude, value transparency and have a collaborative working approach.
- Log all calls in Zendesk Support ticketing system, creating detailed/accurate entries.
- Provide proactive communication with customers to keep them informed on project or incident progress, setting clear expectations for follow-up and following through on those commitments.
- Own problem investigations through to resolution.
- Provide feedback to the Engineering team for product improvement.
- Edit and maintain customer support knowledge base and FAQ documents with the overall goal being to empower customers to solve issues themselves.
- Train and onboard customers in both one-on-one and small group settings.
- Participate in pre-sales consultation when necessary.
- Develop troubleshooting, testing and procedural documentation to be used internally as well as for customers.
- There’s no prerequisite industry knowledge required, but a genuine interest in AI, Machine Learning and technology is a strong plus.
What you'll have...
- Provide courteous and professional service through: phone, email, web, and other electronic platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication (professional working efficiency and above).
- Ability to translate complex technical terminology and concepts into terms that are easily understood to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across internal teams and external 3rd parties to resolve complex technical problems through escalation of cases in an efficient and effective manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage stressful situations in a calm, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, etc. or equivalent combination of experience and relevant certifications (CompTIA A+, Network+, MCSA, CCNA, etc.) AND/OR 2+ years experience in a software/hardware system troubleshooting, analysis, technical support, etc. role with a heavy customer focus.
- Strong working knowledge of network protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc.
- Ability to read software logs and run basic SQL queries in order to run the first level diagnostic for our customers and advise them on the appropriate solution.
- Working knowledge of systems management tools such as: G Suite, Jira, Confluence, Kibana, Zendesk, Hubspot, etc.
- Experience on-boarding and training customers on SaaS products.
- Experience with IP addressable security cameras, NVRs, VMSs, and other devices (Hikvision, Dahua, Axis, etc).
This is a remote position. We will only be accepting candidates in North America, with a preference for the Pacific Timezone. Must be available for scheduled on-call rotation, which includes evening and weekend coverage, as needed.
To apply for the role, or for more information, please send us a copy of your CV.