Calipsa is one of London’s fastest-growing deep learning technology companies. Our mission is to make the world a safer place by helping to detect and prevent crime. Calipsa’s AI platform analyses surveillance video in real-time to assess risk, filter out false alarms and automatically notify alarm monitoring services. Our current focus is on detecting burglary and theft and we monitor sites across construction, logistics, industrial, agricultural, retail and residential sectors in 7 different countries. We are funded by top investors such as LocalGlobe, Global Founders Capital, Entrepreneur First and Horizon Ventures.
Founded four years ago, we are currently going through a period of significant growth and are looking for an Engineering Manager to be part of this journey.
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of the product.
- Improve the application team’s technical capabilities by establishing best practices, mentoring team members and recruiting new employees.
- Lead discussions on technology and architecture with the development team.
- Manage agile processes with the team.
- Communicate progress and advancements with other internal stakeholders in the company.
- Collaborate with Product Management to execute on product objectives.
- Create processes to maintain strict service level objectives of our business-critical services.
- Minimum 3-4 years experience working within engineering teams with team lead/management experience; ideally within fast growing and segment leading companies.
- Great knowledge in those different technologies nodejs / single page application frameworks (viewjs/react) / AWS / Kubernates.
- Understanding of and experience with large, multi-faceted and complex systems.
- Experience working in small teams with a great deal of autonomy.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to implement, follow and enforce stringent development processes.
- Recognised as an expert and strives for excellence with the ability to mentor and coach other engineers to do the same.
- Excellent knowledge in software architecture principles.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and equity options with the potential for significant upside.
- Amazing colleagues, autonomy and endless growth opportunities.
- We don’t track the number of holidays, working hours or place of work.
- Choice of hardware.
- Private healthcare.