Full Stack Engineer
Remote (Core hours for engineering are 11 am to 4 pm GMT)
Calipsa is one of London’s fastest-growing deep learning technology companies. Our mission is to make the world a safer place by helping to detect and prevent crime. Calipsa’s AI platform analyses surveillance video in real-time to assess risk, filter out false alarms and automatically notify alarm monitoring services. Our current focus is on detecting burglary and theft and we monitor sites across construction, logistics, industrial, agricultural, retail and residential sectors for over 90 companies in 6 different continents. We are funded by top investors such as LocalGlobe, Global Founders Capital, Entrepreneur First and Horizon Ventures.
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our remote team. This is a great opportunity to join an industry-leading technology company at an exciting stage in its journey. The successful candidates will have a significant role in the development of the application, working on the full stack (frontend single application as well as the backend rest API server). You’ll help us integrate with global technology partners and solve complex architectural challenges.
- You will need to solve non-trivial coding and architecture problems with simple and innovative solutions
- Collaborate with engineers across international teams to create software solutions
- Test software to check its efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Build secure and compliant applications
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Calipsa’s engineering team is international and based across several different timezones. Generally, you will need to be available for stand-ups and company meetings between 11.00 - 16.00 GMT, but have freedom to manage your own time from there
A plus if you have...
- Computer Science background required
- 3-5 years of proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experienced working within Agile or Scrum methodologies
- Experience in a remote work environment and collaborating with an international team
- You must have a fluent or intermediate level of English
What we offer
- Competitive salary 💵
- Amazing colleagues, autonomy and endless growth opportunities 🚀
- We don’t track the number of holidays, working hours or place of work 🏖️
- Private healthcare 🏥
- Remote working 🏠
- Screening call with a member of our People team to understand your experience and interest in Calipsa
- An opportunity for you to share an example of relevant code, or complete an assessment so we can understand your technical ability
- An interview with Calipsa’s Engineering Manager and two members of the Engineering team focusing on your technical experience and how you work
- Interview with Calipsa’s CTO as a final stage to discuss final stage details
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Full Stack Engineer? Then we'd love to hear about you!