Remote (Core hours for engineering are 11 am to 4 pm GMT)
Calipsa is one of London’s fastest-growing deep learning technology companies. Our mission is to make the world a safer place by helping to detect and prevent crime. Calipsa’s AI platform analyses surveillance video in real-time to assess risk, filter out false alarms and automatically notify alarm monitoring services. Our current focus is on detecting burglary and theft and we monitor sites across construction, logistics, industrial, agricultural, retail and residential sectors in 6 continents. We are funded by top investors such as LocalGlobe, Global Founders Capital, Entrepreneur First and Horizon Ventures.
Founded five years ago, we are currently going through a period of significant growth and are looking for a Solutions Architect to be part of this journey.
About the role
Calipsa’s Software Engineering team aims to reduce the cost and complexity of advanced security features by implementing all of our systems in the cloud and continuously improving our integration offerings. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you’ll work with a highly skilled team of engineers and stakeholders from around the company to help make sure that the solutions devised are scalable, secure, and fit for purpose.
Ultimately, it will be your role to understand our commercial needs and navigate the team towards delivering the best technical and commercial solutions. You are a problem-solver by nature and enjoy working across the organisation to deliver results for customers.
- Working with stakeholders to understand their problems and opportunities
- Working with Engineers, DevOps, DBAs, and the Engineering Manager to ensure that solutions devised are commercially and technically viable
- Working alongside engineers to help ensure that the delivery of solutions is a success
- Helping maintain our current understanding of our platform from a high-level perspective
- Understanding the latest technologies and how we can apply them to help us be a success
We are looking for someone who has experience as a Solution Architect and is excited to apply their strategic knowledge to a rapidly growing and challenging product space. As Calipsa’s first Solutions Architect, you will have a real opportunity to scale with the company and build processes from scratch.
- Have worked for 3+ years as a Solutions Architect, Business Analyst, Technical Leader, or similar roles, with a demonstrable record of success of delivering solutions based on customer needs
- Ideally would have a pertinent qualification, although this is not required
- You can articulate the key concepts of architecting solutions
- Familiarity with a software development environment
- You are a people-person, and enjoy working 1-on-1 as well as in a team
- The ability to work with a variety of people across the business to understand priorities and requirements
- You can articulate concepts and ideas eloquently to a variety of audiences
- You are a ‘big-picture thinker’ and can see how solutions will affect systems as a whole
- Experience in a start-up is a bonus, but not a key requirement
What we offer
- Competitive salary 💵
- Amazing colleagues, autonomy and endless growth opportunities 🚀
- We don’t track holidays, working hours or place of work. We are interested in your results, not how many hours you work. 🏖️
- Private healthcare 🏥
- Remote working 🏠
- Screening call with a member of our People team to understand your experience and give you more information about the role
- An interview with Calipsa’s Engineering Manager focusing on your experience and approach to architecture
- A presentation interview; we would give you a real-world problem and ask how you would approach developing solutions at Calipsa. This would be presented to Calipsa’s Engineering Manager, Product Manager, and 2 Software Engineers.
- Final stage interview with Calipsa’s CTO
⚖️ Calipsa is an equal opportunity employer
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Solutions Architect? Then we'd love to hear about you!